Sunday, August 1, 2010

Greeneville School


I attended Greeneville Elementary school growing up.  It was one of the best schools I went to.  Everything about the school was just a lot of fun.  Twenty years later a lot of the friends I made there are still in my life.  It was at Greeneville that I met some of the people who would shape the path that my life has taken.  Mrs. Moretti, Mrs. Sweeney, Mrs. Sawicki, Mrs. Bilda and Mrs. Clark were just a few of the teachers who made an impact on me as a student...

Sadly, the city of Norwich decided that the 2009/2010 school year would be Greeneville's last.  It was built in 1956 and needed a lot of work to get it up to code (work = money).  The city, facing quite the budget crisis, had to make cuts and Greeneville topped the list.

The news of Greeneville's closing made me incredibly sad.  Most of my favorite childhood memories center around the school and the community that was created within it's walls.

No comments:

Off the Table: Player/Character Immersion at the table

I volunteered to join another group for a TTRPG discussion on the Off the Table live stream tonight. Tonight's topic was about player/ch...